Buses for Sale Scholarship Opportunity
We are excited to announce that Buses for Sale is awarding one college student with a $1,000 scholarship to a school of his or her choice. The scholarship will go to the winner of the best essay written about one of the topics below.
- U.S. cities are facing a growing transportation crisis due to a number of factors. Discuss the transportation problems that urban areas currently face and are predicted to face in the future.
- Research potential solutions to improving urban transportation in U.S. cities. Briefly discuss these solutions. Then, choose a solution you found during research, or create one yourself. Explain why you think this solution will meet U.S. cities' current and future transportation problems.
- As you know, traditional sources of energy pose a serious threat to the future of transportation. Find two or three methods of using alternative sources of energy for transportation and explain the pros and cons of each.
- Discuss transportation issues in rural U.S. areas. How does a lack of transportation affect people's access to healthy food, medical care, after-school activities (i.e. clubs and sports), etc.?
- While we wait for engineers to make a breakthrough in alternative fuels/energies, describe some of the ways that people can get from place to place while lessening problems like fuel consumption, traffic congestion, the effects that car exhaust and other vehicle pollutants have on the environment, etc.
- Please only write about one topic.
- Your essay must be between 1,000 and 1,500 words.
- You must prove enrollment in a college or affiliated program.
- The deadline for submissions is Tuesday, April 15, 2014.
- Submit your essays here: firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner of the Buses for Sale Scholarship will be announced Friday, May 2, 2014.
Good luck everyone!